Wednesday, January 25, 2012

bake52: week 4-- Light Cheesecake

This week at bake52 we made Light Cheesecake.  Talesha of Sugar and Spice and Other Things Nice hosted

I was very un-trusting of this recipe-- LIGHT cheesecake??  Then, looking over the ingredients, I became increasingly nervous... Cottage cheese???  Yogurt cheese? {I didn't even know what that was!} Luckily, Jennifer mentioned on our bake52 facebook page that she had used Greek yogurt in place of the yogurt cheese with good results.  I used that instead of the yogurt cheese and also thought it was good substitution!

I bought all of the ingredients and went to work Monday morning.  One step is to drain the cottage cheese:

...which was so funny looking to me.  :)

I loved how much of the cheesecake came together so quickly and was done in a food processor!!  It really was easy.  



Easy and pretty! 

That is....
... until a certain naughty three year old found it cooling on the counter and decided to sample it!!!  The little stinker.  But, once again, we have a kid-pleasing recipe! :)

I liked it, I thought it was tangier than a regular cheesecake which was fine with me.   Once it set up it wasn't runny like in the picture above-- it hadn't finished cooling yet when the three year old attacked!  My kids loved it, and my husband thought it was great. 

Hop over to Sugar & Spice for the recipe!  






4 comments:

  1. HaHa, I love this! My kids ALWAYS do that when I bake. I swear it's been years since I've had a cake without a chunk taken out of the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace kills me! Your cheesecake didn't even crack in the middle, how did you do that??? I am glad you guys still got to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame her. Having to wait 6 hours after it is out of the oven! That is like 1 week to a 3 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a little nervous at first too, but we thought it was yummy. Thanks for the oops picture too... way to keep it real!

    ReplyDelete