Wednesday, February 1, 2012

bake52: week 5-- 7 Layer Bars

Hello everyone!

This week's baking adventure is being hosted by Jesse of Diaries of a Cookaholic.

If you've never been to Jesse's blog, you must start with her post about cooking a lobster.  It was the funniest thing!!!  You can also see in that post that she has the cutest little blonde haired blue eyed baby boy.  My blonde haired blue eyed baby boy turned TEN this past weekend, so looking at those pictures may have made me a little heartsick!  It seems like he really should still be that size.  Sigh.  

Jesse picked 7 layer bars for this week-- and they were simple and delicious!  I doubled the recipe to have a pan for our family and a pan to bring to a church meeting- and they went over well in both places!

 They are super sweet and yummy.  We all loved them!  Great pick, Jesse!



 Visit Jesse for the recipe! 



4 comments:

  1. That lobster post was really funny! I am glad you guys liked them too. But really what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your bars looked really good. We thought they were yummy too. And the lobster post was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doubling them? That would have been BAD news for me! But it's good you shared :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked that lobster post! That was so sweet of you to talk about how cute my son is. He just turned one, and I can't even imagine the day that he is 10! Your little guy must be a cutie. Oh yeah, and the bars look great! Thanks for the nice things you said about me in the post. It was exciting to read.

    ReplyDelete