Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pink Paris Bedroom

My youngest two are girls, and they are the sweetest sisters to each other.  Every night as I would check on them before I went to bed, I would see that one of them had gone into the others room-- and they would be cuddled up in the same bed, asleep!  It was the sweetest thing to see every night, and it gave me an idea for Christmas.

How cute would it be for them to share a room... on purpose?? :)

I started doing a little pinterest research to get some ideas for little girl's shared spaces.  I found the CUTEST sheet set, and after a little digging, realized they were still available at potterybarnkids.com! {But sadly, they aren't anymore!}
I got the sheets ordered, and planned the rest of the room around them.  I also ordered an extra pillowcase set to have fabric to play with for the rest of the room!

Deciding on beds was a little tricky-- one of my daughters was in a queen bed, which we saved for the new guest room, but the other was in a white bedroom set we'd bought years ago while we were living in another state at an Ashley furniture.  I hoped that Ashley would still carry the set, and I was so thrilled when they did!  I ordered another twin bed to match the one we already had and then planned on the girls being in side by side twins.  I know it takes up a lot more room than bunk beds, but I really love the look.  And this way, I don't have to worry about anyone falling off a top bunk! 

On Christmas Eve, we told the girls that they were having a special sleepover in the room we weren't making over.  After they were settled in, we went to work!  We moved everything out, painted the wall their beds were going to go against pink, assembled the new bed, and got everything into place.  It was a total whirl-wind experience, but we were so excited to surprise them. :)  We started about 8 pm and finished up by 12:30 am! 


 Originally, I had made two quilts for the beds with the material I had from the extra pillowcase set and some that I'd found to coordinate.  But when we put the new mattresses on the beds, they were bigger than the old one we'd had and the quilts didn't quite cover the bed the way I'd planned!  I was so bummed but knew the quilts would still be cute folded at the bottom of their beds.  I found these white quilt sets at overstock.com and love the way they look in the room!  The monogrammed shams are from potterybarnkids.com and they still have those available!
 Shot of the dresser-
The curtains I made and I was able to find some cute inexpensive Eiffel Tower accents at Hobby Lobby!  I also found gold frames and framed a baby picture of each girl to sit on a shelf about their beds. 



 Right near the door I hung both of the girls blessing dresses.  I made each dress while I was pregnant with my girls-- it's hard to believe that they are so big now! 

Christmas morning was the sweetest.  After we finished with the presents downstairs, I convinced the girls I had special Christmas outfits for them to wear to church that day up in the bedroom.  They came up with me {and my husband and son!} and were SO surprised when the door was opened!!  I loved their reactions, it made the months of planning and preparing so worth it! 

I have loved having them in the same room-- the sweet giggles and whispers at night just make me happy!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky Girls! Such a cute room. I love the ides of redoing their room for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be a good Mom becuase the giggles and whispers at night don't really make me happy, at least when they are still going on past 9.

    That does sound like a whirlwind experience, but turned out adorably amazing.

    ReplyDelete