Wednesday, January 4, 2012

bake52: week 1-- Quiche

Our first week of bake52 is here!  This week is being hosted by the cute Clare of Adventures of Tyler & Clare.  She picked  Quiche. 

As I was looking through the recipe, I realized it was really two recipes in one!  You also had to select a pie crust to use.  As I was looking over the options, I was wondering about using my standard pie crust recipe-- one that was handed down to me from my mom and that she got from her friend-- and it's pretty amazing.  I went ahead and used one from the book, though, because I wasn't sure if I could substitute my own for our group!  I wanted to play by the rules and make sure I didn't make my sister-in-law, the brains behind bake52, mad!!  ha! 

I am so glad I tried the new crust recipe, though!!  It was AMAZING.  Really sturdy, great texture, amazing flavor, and so easy to make.  It's all done in the food processor and couldn't be any easier! 

  

 I loved the quiche.  It was so tasty and had a peppery taste that I really enjoyed that I haven't always noticed in other quiches.  I served it for dinner and my whole family gobbled it up-- even my youngest two who are picky, hard to please little princesses!!  My son was even calling it "egg pizza" and asking for more!!

HUGE success!! 

 I made the quiche in a tart pan instead of a pie plate for a pretty presentation, and it worked out perfectly!  I was a little worried tinkering with the recipe that way wouldn't leave me with good results, but it was wonderful! 

 You can find the recipe at Clare's site here: http://tylerandclare.blogspot.com/2012/01/bake-52-week-1-quiche.html
Enjoy!! 

3 comments:

  1. I love the presentation, it looks great! Funny I was lost and used a different crust. I wish I would have tried that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you made it in a tart pan - it looks amazing on that plate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are giving me the confidence to try a more complex crust. Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete