Monday, January 2, 2012

January Decorating

When we were growing up, my mom always had ALL of Christmas down for the New Year.  It's one of those things now that I do without even thinking about it.  I LOVE Christmas, but I also love how crisp, clean, and big my home feels after all of the extra decorations are packed away!

For the last few years, I have had a wreath dilemma after Christmas.  I love to have a seasonal wreath on my door- but what do you do after Christmas and before spring?

A winter wreath!


I made this wreath using things I found at my local Tai Pan-- I love that place!  I found the basic flocked wreath and added little pops of things to my basket that said "winter" to me as I walked around.  My favorite find was that metal ice skate! 

 When I got home, I just wired everything down to the original flocked wreath.


 Have a fun time with all of those winter whites and sparkly finds!  What says "winter" but not "Christmas" to you??


3 comments:

  1. Love this Jen! I was admiring it the other night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color blue and snowflakes are more winter to me than Christmas.

    I love your blog! I'm excited to see your ideas. In the past couple months I've known you I can tell you are a very crafty lady!

    ReplyDelete