Saturday, June 2, 2012

going digital

http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/interests/cox-family-memories-2010-7618359

After years of being a paper scrapbooker, I have tried a couple of different so-so attempts at converting to digital scrapbooking.  I have photoshop and several kits of digital papers I like, but as I get into it, it seems to take me forever and I can't get any albums done!  The end result is that I have been so behind on our family albums.  Like crazy behind.  As in, Ben and Leah look at volumes of our family scrapbooks that they are the stars of and Gracie asks, "Where are the books about ME?" ha!

This summer my goal is to get caught up.  I thought that the way I would do that is using a simple book making software online {like shutterfly or something}.  As I looked into it, I found a site I hadn't heard of before: mixbook.com.  I started working on it and LOVE IT!  I am so excited about how nice it is to work with and how much freedom I have in making each page as custom {or not!} as I'd like it!  I started my 2010 family album on Monday and now- 100 pages later-- it's done and on order!  Woo-hoo!  Now, I did work pretty obsessively on it all week, but I now know the program inside and out and I can't wait to start on 2011!  I really may meet my goal of being "caught up" with my scrapbooking by the end of the summer!  You can click on the link above to visit my book.  Gracie is going to be thrilled that there is finally a book that has pictures of her in it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment