Wednesday, June 13, 2012

bake52: week 24-- Cinnamon Swirl Bread!

First of all, I want to start this off with a big apology for scaring everyone yesterday over on the bake52 facebook page.  I am EXTRA ready to host next week!!  Sorry for jumping the gun and thinking that I was hosting this week and letting everyone panic that they had made the wrong thing!  Seriously.  Natural blonde over here.  {well, mostly natural these days!!}  :)  Sorry Bekah, I wasn't trying to skip your fabulous week. Well, maybe I was, but not intentionally!  :)  

I got to work about 7 pm last night on my bread and was so lucky that this wasn't a recipe that spanned days to complete!!  I guess if I was going to get my weeks mixed up this was a great week to do it!  

Cinnamon mixture assembled.  Eggs and milks whisked.  

Flour going in the mixer, adding liquids.  I doubled the recipe to have some extra to give away.  I knew from the start this was going to be yummy!! :) 




 You let your assembled dough rise, the roll it out.  Add cinnamon, roll up, and let rise again.

 This smells AA-MAY-ZING baking last night!!  My ten year old wouldn't go to bed, he was too excited and wanted a bite so badly!  It was cute.  The loaf for us was devoured this morning before I got a picture, but here are the mini loaves I made to give away:


This bread was such a great pick.  It is one I will definitely be making again and again!  I think my favorite thing about it was that the cinnamon was not like cinnamon roll flavor {although I do love that, too!}  It was yummy cinnamon bear like cinnamon flavor.  So delish and almost a touch spicy.  Thanks for hosting, Bekah!  You can visit her here for the recipe.  

5 comments:

  1. Cute mini loaves! I will have to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mini loaves look great! I wish I was one of your neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mini loaves! What a fun gift! Glad we figured out the recipes - I am way excited for the cornbread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you liked it. We really liked it too. LOVE the mini loaves to gift. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete