Wednesday, May 23, 2012

bake52 week 21: Multigrain Bread

Jennifer was our hostess this week- and she chose Multigrain Bread!

 Mine turned out ok-- I loved the flavor, but I was making it at the same time I was trying to get a scout out the door and I think I let it over rise.  It kind of looks like the "Don't make this mistake!" loaf from the cookbook! :)

The bread came together nicely, I liked using the 7 {or 5 in this case!} grain cereal as the multigrain base for the bread.  It really had a deep nutty flavor which I enjoyed a lot.  I will be making this again-- on a day that is a little less crazy and I have a chance to be more attentive to my rising dough!

It was a hit, and my son kept telling me that it tasted just like my lasagna!!  I wasn't sure what to think about that-- were his taste buds off or is my lasagna just awful??!?!  Who knows!!

Thanks Jennifer!!  Wonderful pick.  Visit her for the recipe!

2 comments:

  1. Lol, I love how kids think you're giving them a compliment, but it really just confuses you. Well he liked it, so both your bread and lasagna must be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I let mine rise too much the first time too so I took it out of the pan, shaped it again and pretended it didn't happen. :) Ben cracks me up, he is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete