Wednesday, June 6, 2012

bake52: week 23-- Coconut Macaroons!

This week's bake52 is hosted by the fabulous Emily over at Jepsen Family!

She choose Coconut Macaroons.  I don't know that I have ever tried these anywhere before-- and I have been missing out!  These were super yummy and SO easy to make!!  

 pulse some coconut in your food processor

 then pulse the egg mixture.  Combine with coconut, refrigerate, and form!  

 right out of the oven.. 
 ... and I totally had to dip mine in chocolate!

YUM!

I tried one before dipping the rest in chocolate and it was good, but reminded me so much of coconut shrimp!  I bet you could roll the shrimp in the mixture and it would be so good.  For a dessert, I really loved the addition of chocolate.  So did the kids. :) 

I don't know about you girls, but I am learning so much and having so much fun with our group this year!!  I can't believe we are half way through!  I would like Amanda to know how grateful I am she put this all together.  I say it all the time, but seriously-- I have the BEST sister in law in the world!  She makes up for the rest of the crazies in the family. :) ha!  

{I'm just kidding!  Not that any of them read this!}

I am hosting next week, we will be exploring my southern roots and making up some CORNBREAD!  

Thanks for hosting, Emily!!  You can get the recipe here: 

also- I wanted to invite you girls over to my family blog: mollycoddlemama.blogspot.com  Leave me a comment with your family blog, I'd love to follow it, too! 

3 comments:

  1. I agree Jen! This baking group is so much fun. I would have never baked more than half of the recipes we have accomplished so far. Also, I am happy to say that most of them have been pretty dang good or maybe, just maybe, I am a good baker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw schucks! Thanks Jen (and Jen). I am glad you guys are enjoying it, I am really having fun and glad you are all baking with me! Your macaroons look perfect! And that's the coolest food processor I have ever seen. ;) Can't wait for cornbread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your macaroons look so good just like the book. What was your secret? And I agree the baking group has been a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete