Wednesday, May 16, 2012

bake 52 week 20-- Macaroons!

Betsy was our bake52 host this week!  Check out her blog for the recipe here.
I was really excited to try Macaroons!  They sound so sophisticated and complicated and I was happy to discover that they are fun and easy!

I love how the recipe mentioned that the dough would be "gloopy", what a word.  But it really was a gloopy batter, so I'm glad it mentioned that so I didn't wonder if I messed up!
Gloopy batter!

Finished-- and delish!  What a hit with the family!  

Thanks Betsy!  Get the recipe here: 
secretreader.blogspot.com




3 comments:

  1. Could they look anymore perfect?!! They look just like the photo in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look fabulous-I'm glad you had an easy time of it! I also had no problems but after reading about other experiences I'm amazed (and relieved) that at least of few of us avoided major catastrophes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look perfect! How did you get them SO smooth on top! I must not have used enough water on the fingertips, or smoothed enough? Great photos.

    ReplyDelete