Wednesday, April 25, 2012

bake 52: week 17-- Baklava

 Talesha at otherthingsnice.blogspot.com is our bake52 host this week... and she chose Baklava!  I have never made Baklava before, so I was excited to try it out!


My girls wanted to help, and who can turn down these cuties? 


It was a fun process!  I thought spreading the butter out over the phyllo dough would never end, but it was still fun!

I took the tray to our son's Cubscout Pack Meeting, a little nervous how it would be received-- but WOW!  It was a hit!  I even had two friends text me about it afterwards.... now that is when you know it was something special!! 
I loved how sweet and moist this recipe is-- if I had one complaint about most Baklava I've tried, it would be that is was dry.  This one is not!


Visit Talesha for the recipe!
 



 

2 comments:

  1. it looks perfect! So glad you guys all liked it! It does seem like one of those things that's not too hard but so impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. It looks so good! LOVED seeing those little girls. So cute. I love it when people ask for the recipe, makes you realize that their compliment was genuine!

    ReplyDelete