Wednesday, July 18, 2012

bake52: week 27- Cinnamon Rolls!

Valerie was our hostess this week and she chose cinnamon rolls!  I LOVED these and they were a hit with the family, as well.  I have a regular cinnamon roll recipe that I make- it's our tradition that we have homemade cinnamon rolls the morning of Saturday General Conferences- and so I wondered how this would be different.  

It came together quickly:

And baked up beautifully:
DELISH!  These seemed a bit denser than our traditional recipe but I really loved the texture.  I did have to add about 4 tablespoons extra flour to get the dough to come together, which seemed like a lot!  I can't ever tell if that is just normal in baking because of our elevation or if I am doing something that makes dough runny. :)  I also had to bake it a bit longer than the recipe suggested, but I have noticed my oven just runs a little on the slow side in every recipe.  All around- a great pick!

Visit Valerie for the recipe!  


1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked them! I always make cinnamon rolls conference weekend too.

    ReplyDelete