Wednesday, March 7, 2012

bake 52: week 10-- Lunchbox Brownies

Liz is our hostess for bake52 this week and she chose Lunchbox Brownies!  I honestly can't wait to read what she has to say about them, because her posts are always so entertaining.  She had me at the get-go when we were making quiche, which was a bit of a particular recipe, and Liz kept referring to it as "Her Ladyship Quiche".  She really does have a way of making baking wildly entertaining!! 

I chose to do the peanut butter variation-- here you can see my lovely swirls:

And fresh out of the oven:


Isn't she gorgeous?  {And why did my peanut butter turn out 70's orange??}

A few things I loved about this brownie recipe:

*It came together SO quickly.  I am having one of those weeks and so I was so grateful for that!  I think this may have been the fastest, easiest thing we baked so far!

*Again, it had me with the aroma!  YUM!

*I love finding great recipes for things I usually make from a box- I like knowing it's just as easy to make it from scratch- and really, it is!

*This one was a hit with the kids.  Ryan and I were able to stay out of it for the most part, but the kids devoured it!

One thing I would note:

*I didn't love the peanut butter swirls- they are just straight peanut butter and I wish now that I'd mixed in some powdered sugar and cream cheese.  YUM.  I am excited to try the other variations, though!

THANKS LIZ for picking a delicious and easy recipe!!

You can find the recipe here at Liz's blog!




4 comments:

  1. I bet my kid would have loved the peanut butter version. I will have to think of someone else and try that next time. ;) And the cream cheese and powdered sugar idea sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great - way to go on the swirls! I like the idea of sprucing up the peanut butter - that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. That's how these look! I thought about trying the peanut butter variation also... maybe next time?

    ReplyDelete