Wednesday, March 14, 2012

bake52: week 11-- Ciabatta Bread

Emily was our bake52 host this week and she chose Ciabatta Bread! 

 Here is a shot of my bread rising- isn't that beautiful!?!  I felt so accomplished!

This recipe takes some time-- you start by making a sponge and letting it sit overnight, then multiple risings, etc.  I was so nervous, too-- this is a WET, sticky dough!!  I felt like I must have been doing something wrong the whole time!!

 Close up of the final rise--

Then, you bake it.  I was in HEAVEN while this thing baked-- I served it for dinner with Chicken Tortilla Soup and the aromas mixing together were perfect.  I really felt like I knew what I was doing and was feeling pretty darn proud of myself and my mad homemaking skills.  You know what they say, though-- pride cometh before the FALL! 
 My first, gorgeous, pride-inducing loaf!

...and my fallen loaf!! :) 

I don't know what happened.  I swear, I have to be the only person who can make two loaves from the same batch of dough and have them turn out so differently!  One was perfection.  One was tossed in the garbage!  My second loaf was flat {maybe it sat out too long while the other one was cooking and fell?} and dense and hard as a rock.  Pretty much the exact opposite of the first loaf!   Oh well, I guess you can't win them all!  

We loved the first loaf and if was the perfect accompaniment to our soup.  I will be making it again! 

Visit Emily's blog for the recipe!




4 comments:

  1. Don't worry my loaves turned out way different as well. The problem with mine was I totally burned my first. Ops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy how differently your loaves turned out. The first one looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the first one looked so good, who needs the second anyway! Glad you guys liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you got one good loaf - it looks AMAZING! Yum! That alone makes me want to re-try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete